FR Jones and Son Ltd act as a credit intermediary and only offers credit products from Klarna Bank AB (publ). Credit is provided subject to age and status.
We can offer credit for purchases made through this website where the purchase price is over £280 (inc VAT) and under £15,000 (inc VAT), subject to status. Purchases made using the credit facility can only be delivered to the home address used for the credit application.
- Will I qualify for credit?
- We can only consider credit applications for individuals (not businesses) who meet the following criteria:
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are a permanent UK resident and able to supply 3 years address history
- You are in employment or retired and receive a gross annual income of at least £10,000
- You have a good credit history
- You have a debit or credit card
Applications also welcome from retired individuals, in receipt of a private or company pension (aged 50 or over at date of application).Meeting the criteria does not guarantee acceptance. Goods bought with retail credit can only be delivered to your home address. If your application is accepted, the deposit must be paid by credit or debit card. Please note that you may be requested to provide proof of identity after your application has been approved and your deposit has been paid.
- How do I apply?
- Fill out your customer details at the checkout, then select “Instant Consumer Credit” as your payment method. The next page will ask you to review your order details and to select the deposit amount and term length you wish to apply for. You will then be passed to the Klarna website to complete your finance application. They will ask you to fill in your details accordingly, then they will assess your credit application and return the result. Your application will either be approved, declined or referred:
- In the case of your application being declined, you will have the option to return to our website to checkout with an alternative payment method.Unfortunately, we are not given the reason why a customer is declined for credit so we will not be able to answer any queries about this outcome. The authorisation process is carried out by the finance company and we have no part in the decision – the decline message is sent to us by the lender with no explanation or justification.
- In the case of your application being approved, you will be asked to pay your deposit with a credit or debit card. Once your deposit has been received, Klarna will send a notification to us to process your order. We will send you a confirmation email when this happens.
- In the case of your application being referred, there will be a slight delay before your application can be approved/declined. Once the lender has reached a decision, you will be informed by email of the outcome and, in the case of approval, we will then receive a notification to process your order. We will send you a confirmation email when this happens.
- How much can I borrow?
- The maximum lending amount we offer, after deduction of the upfront deposit, is £13,500 (total purchase price of £15,000, with 10% deposit).The minimum lending amount we offer, after deduction of the upfront deposit, is £250.00 (e.g. total purchase price of £500.00, with 50% deposit).For simplicity, the minimum total purchase price to qualify for credit is £280.00 (£280.00, with 10% deposit (£28.00) = lending amount of £252.00).Maximum and minimum amounts apply to basket totals – purchases can consist of a single item costing between £280.00 and £15,000.00 or multiple items with a combined price between £280.00 and £15,000.00.
- Is a deposit required?
- A deposit is required on all orders. As long as the deposit amount does not reduce the amount borrowed to below the £250.00 minimum, you may select a deposit amount to suit you from between 10% and 50% of the purchase price.
- How are my monthly payments made?
- Your monthly repayments will be taken via direct debit from your chosen bank account.
- What length of repayment is available?
- You can choose to pay over 12, 24 or 36 months.
- Can I pay off my loan early?
- Yes, please contact Klarna directly, on 0333 321 6080, in order to make additional payments. Please note that interest rates will be adjusted accordingly.
- Can I see an example of the loan rates?
- Example purchases and finance options might include:
Single item over £280.00 Basket contents Representative finance example Stihl MS 261 C-M VW chainsaw (50.2cc) (15″ bar & chain)1 @ £585.00 inc VAT* Purchase price £585.00 inc VAT* Deposit £250.00 Duration of agreement 12 months Amount borrowed £335.00 Monthly repayment £30.70 Total repayable £618.45 Cost of loan £33.45 Rate of interest (fixed) 14.9% Representative APR 14.9% APR representative Multiple items totalling over £280.00 Basket contents Representative finance example New England Tachyon 11.5mm climbing rope 1 slice, green (35m)1 @ £131.16 inc VAT*
ISC 30kn Mongoose 3 way karabiner blue (aluminium)2 @ £32.64 inc VAT*
Yale Silver Streak knotted prussik loop w/serial conforms EN566 (50cm)1 @ £13.20 inc VAT*
Stein Vega work positioning harness (Size 2)1 @ £196.56 inc VAT*
Purchase price £373.56 inc VAT* Deposit £123.56 Duration of agreement 36 months Amount borrowed £250.00 Monthly repayment £9.03 Total repayable £448.69 Cost of loan £75.13 Rate of interest (fixed) 14.9% Representative APR 14.9% APR representative
* Prices provided as examples only – please refer to product information pages for current pricing.
Standard Information and Regulatory Status of FR Jones and Son Ltd and Klarna Bank AB (publ)
FR Jones and Son Ltd, Unit B4 Trade City, Bell Green Retail Park, Lower Sydenham, London, SE26 4PR, are licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm Reference Number 6139770).
FR Jones and Son Ltd acts as a credit intermediary and offer credit products provided exclusively by Klarna Bank AB (publ).
Klarna Bank AB (publ) is Authorised by the Swedish Financial Services Authority (Finansinspektionen) and is subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from us on request. Finance is only available to permanent UK residents aged >18, subject to status, terms and conditions apply.
Registered office: Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden. Corporation ID number: 556737-0431.Klarna’s FCA registration number is 821179.
For more information please visit www.klarna.com.