As a land-based engineer, you will join our busy service team in servicing and repairing a variety of 2-stroke, 4-stroke, electric and battery garden machinery. This will range from chainsaws and robotic mowers up to large ride-on garden tractors – repairing products in our fully equipped workshop and on customer site visits where necessary.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake full servicing of following types of horticultural machinery: 2-stroke, 4-stroke, electrical, battery, ride on and robotic.
- To efficiently diagnose and undertake specific repairs also on machinery types mentioned above.
- To learn and utilise each brand’s dealer web portal (for product schematics and referencing workshop manuals)
- Undertake warranty repairs and submit claims via dealer portals and liaising with manufacturer if necessary.
- Learning and using FRJ company systems (NetSuite) to process, prioritise and invoice repair jobs.
- To be aware and adhere to all health and safety aspects of working in workshop environment.
- Dealing with customers to deliver Five Star customer service (face-to-face, email and by phone)
- Represent the organisation online and drive a positive perception with potential business partners by engaging and keeping your Linkedin profile up to date.
- Participate in weekly meeting to help achieve sales forecasts with Head of Workshop and monthly 1-1 with Head of Workshop to discuss achievements and performance improvement targets.
All tools and PPE will be provided and a full, clean, UK driving licence would definitely be an advantage.
In Return We Offer
- Competitive salary, based on skills, knowledge and experience.
- Frequent opportunities for training and development.
- Company pension.
- Generous holiday entitlement.
08.00 – 17.00, Monday – Friday
You will be required to work at our South East London workshop:
FR Jones and Son Ltd
Unit B4 Trade City,
Bell Green Retail Park,
£30,000 – £35,000 (depending on knowledge, experience and skills) plus pension contribution, bonus and benefits scheme.
Skills and experience
- Understanding of workshop tools and practices.
- Appreciation of safe working practices when dealing with heavy and/or dangerous machinery.
- Experience working on small-engine machines.
- Experience using computerised parts look-up systems.
- Knowledge of health and safety in the workplace.
- Experience of providing customer service.
- Experience of working in a similar working environment.
- Full, clean, UK driving for site visits in company van (ride-on and robot mowers).
FR Jones and Son are a family-run business, based in South East London. We specialise in horticultural, landscaping and arboricultural (tree surgery) equipment sales and service.
We are known in the industry for our excellent product knowledge and customer service, competitive pricing and a well-stocked warehouse.
We have been trading for over 50 years and have grown steadily to the point where we are employing over 40 staff and still not finished!
For more information about the company, please visit our website: www.frjonesandson.co.uk
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org